RE: [CSS3 Text] Thoughts on hanging-punctuation property

From: Paul Nelson (ATC) <paulnel@winse.microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 04:37:32 -0700
To: Daniel Aleksandersen <aleksandersen+w3clists@runbox.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

I think that the use of "edges" is implied in hanging punctuation. If "right" and "left" are necessary I would submit that the following would be appropriate.
  none | [start || end] | [left || right] | both
In the world of vertical text and multilingual documents I don't personally think that left and right should be added.
The illustrations show normal hanging punctuation.