Re: Printing Backgrounds

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 12:07:42 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Whether you want to print backgrounds depend entirely on the user and his or
hers printer.

On a black-n-white laser printer you might disable it, but on your inkjet
photo-printer you want to enable it.

With the difference being on the user side, I really don't think it should be
controlable by the author.

OTOH we already let authors specify some inherent user-choices like
paper-size. If we continue this road, we should consider the other important
printing choices. For instance, how to print frames or CSS overflow:scroll.
Frames is the funny one because they don't exists in the CSS world.

In Konqueror we default to "printer-friendly" which disables backgrounds, but
the user can deactivate it in the printing dialog.

`Allan