Re: [css3-grid] comments

Alex,

On Oct 1, 2007, at 7:04 PM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:

> Thanks for the comments!
>
> Note: I've published an update at http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-grid/
> overview.html . It addresses some of these points.

I will try and look at the update in the next few days. Keep up the
good work.

> At F2F we've settled at 'fr' (for 'fraction'), (http://dev.w3.org/
> csswg/css3-grid/overview.html#explicit ). What do you think?

I think 'fr' is fine. Just so it matches the rest of the units,
unlike '*' and does not confuse people with other backgrounds (like
perl and shell programming) by using the '*' in a way that does not
match their expectations.

Oh! I just had a thought, although I doubt the rest of the group will
appreciate it. If, sometime in the future, the CSS-style group
decides to add pattern matching (regular expressions / searching) the
'*' (star) will still be available. (I have several use cases for
pattern matching in CSS, but the responses I got when I asked about
adding it to the language were very negative.)

> Thanks again for comments
> Alex

You're welcome,

James Elmore