[CSSWG] Resolutions 2007-11-27 and REC-CSS1 / REC-CSS2 status

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:26:27 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

Past few telecons haven't been very well attended, so there isn't much to
report for this month.

No official resolutions for 2007-11-27, but the CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders
editors did agree to adopt Anne's proposal in
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2007Nov/0261.html

We discussed the status of REC-CSS1 and REC-CSS2 and how to put some kind
of colorful notice at the top about those specs being obsolete and needing
to refer to CSS2.1. There seem to be a lot of process-related difficulties
with this.

We also discussed putting up a public copy of the CSS2.1 Editor's Draft, but
it's a lot of extra manual work for Bert, so we'll revisit that question when
there are more errata and Bert's had a chance to think about a strategy for
automating some of the work. Right now it's not really that important, since
there aren't that many errata, but Melinda and I expect more errors and
omissions will turn up as we make progress on the test suite.

~fantasai