Re: Proposal of @ua

From: Todd Russell <groovechicken@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:10:31 -0600
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>

> I suggest to add support(attribute[,value]) function instead.
>
> So this:
>
> @media screen and has(renderer:Trident)
> {
>   a.exlink {display:inline-block;}
> }
>
> can be rewritten as
>
> @media screen and support( display, inline-block  )
> {
>   a.exlink {display:inline-block;}
> }
> @else
> {
>   a.exlink {display:block; }
> }

Sorry to butt in, but I couldn't help noticing something obvious.
Forgive me if this has been discussed already as I am new around here.

Why not the following?:

@media screen and
{
     a.exlink {display:inline-block;}
}
@else
{
     a.exlink {display:block; }
}

When the browser detects an "open and", it will try to parse the
following block and if it comes across something it cannot handle
properly, if will just fail over to the @else.  This spares extra
potential typos that we devs then have to look over when we have bugs,
and prevents a lot of wasted characters.  Just a thought.

Todd Russell
http://groovechickenstudios.com