Re: Proposal of @ua

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 11:10:49 -0800
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>

On Nov 24, 2007, at 4:21 AM, David Woolley wrote:

>> I have to prioritize and concentrate my efforts where I see the
>> most need, and one of the big 3 or 4 that account for 99% of the
>> traffic
>
> Smaller organisations will often set the threshold at 80 or 90% and
> exclude anything except IE from serious consideration.

I don't doubt that happens. But smaller organizations are also more
likely to hire out for their Web design (not in-house) and get
someone who knows how to write for the Web instead of just writing
for IE.

For the company I work for, IE has been only about 70-73% of the
traffic (according to the analytics).