Re: Proposal of @ua

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:35:03 -0600
To: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Brad Kemper wrote:
> In other words, the consumer blames the site author, not the
> browser-maker.

As a browser-maker, I must say that I think you have a very rosy view of
who gets blamed.  Sadly, that's not how it works.

At least in part, because it depends on the site.  If some random little
site doesn't work, the user might blame the site.  If Amazon, or Google,
or Yahoo doesn't work, the user will blame the browser-maker.  Even if
it's a problem with the site.  Seen this happen, over and over.  The
difference seems to be that if the user can do without the site the site
gets blamed.  Otherwise the browser gets blamed.

-Boris