Re: W3C CSS Home Redesign RFC

From: Philip Taylor (Webmaster) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:53:09 +0000
To: Jason CranfordTeague <jason@brighteyemedia.com>
CC: www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Jason CranfordTeague wrote:

> As for making it "pretty" a low priority over making it "usable", in my
> a opinion usable has to be "pretty".

Can you explain that ?  I would have thought that in order
to be usable, a site has to be accessible; if it's pretty
as well, that's a bonus (for sighted users) but in the
greater scheme of things, I'd look for "accessible",
"navigable", "consistent", "coherent", "intuitive" and any
one of a half-dozen or so similar concepts before "pretty".

Philip TAYLOR