Re: W3C CSS Home Redesign RFC

fantasai wrote:

> Heya everyone,
> Jason Cranford Teague (AOL's CSSWG rep) and I are planning to redesign
> the CSS homepage to make it more useful and give it a new look:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
>
> We're interested in your feedback on how to make it more useful and
> usable.

So, what I'm hearing so far is:

   - Link prominently to the specs ****
       - Emphasize CSS2.1 and other current specs
       - Mark REC-CSS1 and REC-CSS2 obsolete/historical
       - Make good use of table from current-work
   - Get rid of the "What's new" text on the front page. Maybe move it
     to a separate section, with separate pages for each type of news.
   - Keep the front page very short.
   - Hierarchical navigation, with good navigational aids
   - Don't touch the font size.
   - Make it pretty
   - Maybe set up alternate style sheets from guest designers
   - Follow best practices for HTML, CSS, and accessibility.

Other notes:
   - Only color actively-edited specs on current-work page.

I'll start sketching out an HTML+content skeleton over the next week
and put it up for comment.

~fantasai