Re: Media feature applicability and validity

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 23:40:47 +0100
To: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "W3C Style List" <www-style@w3.org>

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 18:05:03 +0100, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:
> The Media Queries spec doesn't specify authoring requirements. It
> doesn't say, for example, whether it is non-conforming to use a media
> feature with a media type for which it is not applicable.

The specification should also make it clear whether these media queries
are "ignored" or simply "false" (or "true" when negated). I think that
doing the latter is probably the easiest. In that case validators could
show a warning to authors that tells them their media query has no effect.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>