Re: W3C CSS Home Redesign RFC

On Nov 13, 2007, at 2:44 PM, Dylan Schiemann wrote:

> The #1 thing that has surprised me for many years about the CSS
> site is
> that it has never been particularly stylish.
>
> I think having a site that looks like it was created by a designer
> rather than a spec writer is important given the topic of the
> site.  It
> sort of sets the standard for what can be done with CSS, etc.

I agree. I would also like to see the CSS site "eat their own dog
food" and attempt some more sophisticated styling to achieve effects
that push the envelope more, and make them look consistent across
bowsers and platforms, while also validating. Maybe even a CSS Zen
Garden sort of thing that lets people try out various style sheets
for the site that demonstrate modern CSS (including CSS3, where
available in many browsers) and that demonstrate some of the
challenges modern designers face.