Re: Parsing media queries

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:34:43 +0100, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:
> Does that mean ignoring for UA processing but counting as errors as far
> as validation goes?

Yes.

> As for empty strings, these are all errors, right?
> "all,"
> ",all"
> "print,,screen"

I think that would make sense, though " " should also be a conforming
media query meaning all. Maybe media_query_list should be defined as
follows to capture that:

   media_query_list: WS? | [WS? <media_query> [WS? , WS? <media_query> ]*
WS?]

> As Anne pointed out, the whitespace issue still remains.
>
> Also, are the keywords supposed to be tokenized as idents from CSS3
> Syntax and then compared against a list of known names or are the key
> words in theory part of the low level syntax? (I supposed this only
> makes a difference for what error message would be right.)

Hmm, I suppose another problem is whether CSS escaping is allowed. This
would make a limited amount of sense for @media, but not really for
media="".

--
Anne van Kesteren