Re: [CSS3 Text] incorrect "preferred mark position" for emphasis marks

From: Ambrose Li <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 11:13:43 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

On 04/11/2007, Ambrose Li <ambrose.li@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have never seen anything typeset in traditional Chinese with a
> preferred mark position of "before" for the emphasis mark.

Sorry to follow up on myself. I have now checked a dictionary for the
standard usage in HK. So I am filling in some details.

The placement of the emphasis mark in HK depends on the writing
direction. The current standard placement is "before" (left) when
vertical, and "after" (below) when horizontal. (p. 436, Oxford
Beginner's Chinese Dictionary)

--
cheers,
-ambrose

Yahoo and Gmail must die. Yes, I use them, but they still must die.
PS: Don't trust everything you read in Wikipedia. (Very Important)