Re: [css3text] Remarks

Great !

Last few points

* it misses a DOT after "Tim Boland" in CSS3BG
* The 12 Acknowledgements has not been update :-)

And few other questions

[[
<string>
    When applied to a table cell, specifies a character on which all
cells in its table column that also have a character value for
'text-align' will align (see the section on horizontal alignment in a
column for details and an example). When applied to any other element,
it is treated as 'start'. The string must be a single character;
otherwise the declaration must be ignored
]]

What happen if I use CDM or NFD or NFKD form ?

[[
kashida
    apply kashida elongation. This may be done in discrete kashida
units, and the prioritization of kashida points is UA-dependent: for
example, the UA may apply more at the end of the line. The UA should
not apply kashida to fonts for which it is inappropriate. It may
instead rely on other justification methods that lengthen or shorten
Arabic segments (e.g. by substituting in swash forms or optional
ligatures). Because elongation rules depend on the typeface style, the
UA should rely on on the font whenever possible rather than inserting
kashida based on a font-independent ruleset. The UA should limit
elongation so that in multi-script lines a short stretch of Arabic
will not be forced to soak up too much of the extra space by itself.

]]

This seems to be the less precise defintion of this spec. I know it is
hard to find a bit more precise definition around, but the risk will
be that to exit the CR level with test suite of this. May be there
should be a call to have some more algorithmic definition of this
behaviour ?
Furthermore, please notice that inter-word justification can also use
kashida elongation (IE do so) : may be we should give 3 different
values for this : kashida-only, be clearer on inter-word about the
fact that it should NOT use kashida, and a new mixed-one which allow
kashida and inter-word (or may be it is the 'auto' behaviour ?)
What is the equivalent of '(text-)kashida-space' in IE ? is there any
other implementation of kashida amongst other browsers ?

Regards,

Mohamed

--
Innovimax SARL