Re: CSS3 navigation

Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
> Also sprach Del Merritt:
>
>  > An off-topic question: I have always found the "previous   next
>  > contents   properties   index" links at the top of CSS21 WDs and such to
>  > be quite helpful.  Is someone or some group in the CSS3 space attempting
>  > to maintain a similar list for the CSS3 "modules"?  I particularly like
>  > the "properties" link; I can see that, with multiple modules, it could
>  > be an interesting exercise to maintain the list.  At the same time, I
>  > think the value to the user is high.
>
> You raise an important point. I use the "properties" like quite often
> as well. We should keep this in mind as more CSS3 drafts progress.

One of the planned modules is called the Introduction and its purpose is
to serve as a table of contents and index into all the modules.
Unfortunately, it is scheduled to be the very last module, because we
don't have the time to rewrite and republish it all the time...

Meanwhile, we do maintain the Current Work page[1]. It doesn't have an
index of properties (although we are thinking about how to automatically
create one), but it shows all the existing publications.

The mark-up of the modules is pretty consistent. Maybe somebody
somewhere already maintains an (automated) index?

[1] http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work

Bert