Re: [CSS21] is 'all' the 'initial' value of @media ?

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 23:31:45 +0100
To: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
CC: www-style@w3.org, wai-liaison@w3.org

I'm not sure how tangential this is to what you're asking, but note that
in HTML 4.01 the default value of the media attribute is "screen":

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/styles.html#adef-media

So in practice most applied stylesheets would inherit that value in the
absence of @media.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis