Re: CSS2, 3.2 Conformance, point 4...

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:03:33 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Are you implying that it is possible to leave some stuff out?
>
> If so, could you expand a little bit on that statement.

If it is only being used for rendering, you don't need to store properties
that are not appropriate to the display type against an element.  I've
not played with the DOM, to know what the rules are there.

In addition, there is nothing that says that the renderer cannot search
up the DOM tree to find the value of an inheritable property.