Re: [css3-text] Word wrap confirmation

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Daniel Beardsmore wrote:
>> So I tried it in IE 6 and Firefox 2 and, it seems to not be widely
>> implemented, making it useless in the real world, which is a real pity.
>
> Gecko has "white-space: -moz-pre-wrap" which acts very similarly.  So if you do:

Damn, man. What's with Gecko renaming everything like that?

Please bear with me while I locate myself a suitable solid brick wall...

> it'll work in everything except IE.  With IE you're out of luck.  Of course CSS3
> won't help the IE thing either, unless IE actually implements it.
> The ball's in the implementors' court.

Don't I know that :P

That's partly why I've never pushed for all my CSS3 ideas. (Including the ones
that really don't exist in CSS 2 already ;)

But I suppose we have to have it all ready for when Microsoft sees the light.