[css3-text] Automatic 'punctuation-trim' ?

From: Brady Duga <duga@ljug.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:38:26 -0800
Cc: Brady Duga <duga@ljug.com>
To: www-style@w3.org

Wow, good timing on the new draft - I just happened to be looking at
vertical properties. Anyway, I was looking at the 'punctuation-trim'
property and was wondering if there shouldn't be more control here,
or at least a setting to allow/forbid trimming (say, 'auto' and
'never'). There are cases, at least in Japanese, where trimming of
full-width punctuation may happen even when it is not adjacent to
other punctuation. This trimming may be automatic, in order to better
fit text on a line. I can imagine wanting to turn that on and off,
and this seems like a reasonable place to do it.

--Brady