[css3-text] New WD "CSS Text Level 3"

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:42:47 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

The CSS WG just published a new draft of the CSS Text module. The
challenge of this draft is to cover line & word breaking, text
justification and text decoration for as many typographic traditions as
possible, so that all languages can be written on the Web as native
speakers would expect.

    http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-css3-text-20070306

There are still sections missing and the properties in the section on
white space handling may well change when we try to align the
properties in XSL and CSS better, but we need feedback: The CSS WG,
I18N WG and XSL WG have just formed a task force for a few months that
will try to write a note about how to use W3C technologies for Japanese
typography. So this is an excellent time to discuss the Text module.

If you send comments, please sent them to this list, <www-style@w3.org>,
and precede the subject line with [css3-text] as I did on this message.

For the CSS WG,

Bert