Re: Error in 2.1 test suite

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:49:42 +0100
To: leslie.brown@evidian.com
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Monday 05 March 2007 04:21, leslie.brown@evidian.com wrote:
> Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to report this, but
> there seems to be a bug in
> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/t0803-c5504-imrgn-l-0
>2-b-ag.htm
>
> I suspect the fg/bg colors for .three span need to be inverted to
> display the small light green square as announced.
> (Ahem! I think the font value for .three is mangled as well.)

There actually exists a font called "Ahem" and this test relies on it.
The font was designed specifically for tests like these. The "x" looks
like a square in Ahem, hence the test should show a green square.

If you don't have the font, the test doesn't work.

Unfortunately, the CSS 2.1 test suite isn't yet complete, that's why
it's marked as "beta." In particular, it is missing a framework
document that explains how the tests works and what the prerequisites
are.

All the tests that have an "a" in the last part of the file name (like
this one) require the Ahem font. You can find the font here:
http://www.hixie.ch/resources/fonts/

Bert