Re: Stylings only possible with Tables

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:
> I don't know what "scaling fonts by eye" means. Fonts can be *enlarged*
> to any size, but it's reducing them to small sizes that becomes very
> hard as the screen resolution gets in the way.

I believe that fonts are modified for reasons other than pixel fitting,
so scaling by eye here meant that the person engraving the mould for the
typeface would make adjustments so that the font looked right at the
particular size.

On the point about extracting a style sheet from PDF, I did say that you
couldn't extract it mechanically.  Obvious, if there was a real style
sheet underlying the design, a human brain can probably deduce what it
was, but that would be true if all you had was printed hardcopy.

--
David Woolley