Re: Stylings only possible with Tables

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 21:44:58 +0100
To: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
CC: www-style@w3.org

I would agree with much of what David wrote, but
my experience of IBM golf balls leads me to believe
that David's definition of "a good font" in this
context leaves something to be desired ...

More seriously, I am not sure David really answered
the last part correctly : the original message read
[in part] "if an author was told by his/her boss to
match the company style, given a PDF sample, could
some sense of the correct style be extracted ?" and
I would argue "yes" : /some sense/ of the correct
style could be extracted (but not mechanically),
provided that the sample was sufficiently large.

Philikp Taylor