Re: Stylings only possible with Tables

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:12:33 -0700
To: "James Elmore" <James.Elmore@cox.net>, <www-style@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Elmore" <James.Elmore@cox.net>
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: Stylings only possible with Tables

James, I think it is time to come up to some formal specification.
Having this will give subject of discussion.

For those who are doing practical web design it is clear
that layout support in CSS is rudimental now.

If you wish we can do this together as I am not so strong
in formal English.

I propose to start from my implementation of flow and flex length units
as they are prooven to work during last 3 years.
All web developer who are familiar with flow and flex length units
asking me why they are in the spec yet.

Probably it is a good moment to spec this?

-----
BTW, currnetly in htmlayout engine:
will 1) place inner divs horizontally 2) their left/right margins
will collapse so distance between them will be 8px;

And here is different flavour of the above:
(border-spacing works for any container in the engine -
not for tables only)

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com