Re: Stylings only possible with Tables

Raul Dias <raul@dias.com.br> wrote:

>Ok. I didnt see this as a hack, but I probably use float wrong too.
>What is the tableless way for having columns with the same height
>(without a hack)?

CSS 2.x doesn't really address layout (a complex issue).

CSS2.x has some methods that could be used to create a layout, but none
are truly appropriate. Amongst those, using the float mechanism is imo
the most inappropriate. Not because there is something intrinsically
wrong with using a CSS method for a purpose for which it was not
designed, but because using floats to create a layout causes many
problems.

CSS3 does aim to address layout.

--
Spartanicus