Re: [css3-selectors] Namespace name lookup mechanisms

Simon Pieters wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 00:48:03 +1100, Lachlan Hunt
> <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:
>> Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>>>  * "Selectors API" [...] does not define how to handle case diferences
>>>    either,
>>
>> I think the best way to handle this would be...
>>
>>    The case sensitivity of namespace prefixes in selectors depends on the
>>    mechanism used to declare them. For example, prefixes declared using
>>    @namespace in CSS are case-insensitive, whereas prefixes declared
>>    using xmlns are case-sensitive.
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-selectors-20051215/#casesens
>
> In any case, it would be nice if the Selectors spec could address this
> issue in one way or the other. :-)

As the editor of the Selectors API spec, I need this issue resolved in
Selectors as soon as possible so that I can finally resolve the related
issue in Selectors API.  I'm aware that there is currently no active
editor for the spec (unless someone has since taken over from Hixie),
but could the CSS WG please at least discuss this issue and find a
resolution for it?

I would prefer the solution I proposed above to be accepted because it
would make it easier to resolve the issue in Selectors API and it would
also allow a more sensible solution to be used in XBL.  But either way,
an answer would allow me to proceed with an appropriate solution.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/