Re: inherit:normal/inherit:none

From: Barney Carroll <barney@textmatters.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:17:00 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

fantasai wrote:
> This seems related to the idea of "scoped" styles in HTML5:
>   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#the-style
> Though probably it is something to discuss for CSS3 Cascading and
> Inheritance.

HTML 5 can and will do whatever idea pops into anyone's head. I hope the
CSS working group can be a bit more discerning!

> So, to be clear, you want to break the inheritance chain but not reset
> all properties to their initial values?

That's right. All selectors that refer to an object with inherit:none,
however indirectly, would not be meddled with in any way. But all the
inheritance due purely to markup structure would be voided.

Regards,
Barney