Re: inherit:normal/inherit:none

From: Zoffix Znet <zoffix@zoffix.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:24:48 -0400
To: Barney Carroll <barney@textmatters.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

## You've sent this message to www-style-request@w3.org
## instead of the actual mailing list, so I am re-quoting it

On Thu, 2007-07-06 at 13:01 +0100, Barney Carroll wrote:
> Zoffix Znet wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 16:58 +0100, Barney Carroll wrote:
> >> Something that I've often wanted is to clear the cascades.
> >>

> > I see this being asked about in IRC help channels, however I never had a
> > need for something like this. Can you provide any real life examples
> > where such functionality would be needed?
> A full 'quotation' from another site, for example; a little
> pseudo-iframe (driven by AJAX or server-side code, or somesuch); a piece
> of example/demonstration markup; etc. etc.
> The idea would be that, rather than the user specifying massive 'reset'
> styles with whatever complexity of specificity, the styles could simply
> stop recurring at this point. It would be a lot healthier for the
> computing (no need to apply a million contradictory styles from this
> point onwards, just stop the cascade here), and the user could rely on
> the same clean sheet of browser defaults that the styles start from in
> the first place.
> Regards,
> Barney

I agree it would be useful in this case. I think this will more depend
of how hard it is to implement such thing and whether or not this will
be "worth it"
        Thank you for your time.
                Regards, Zoffix Znet
                ( http://zoffix.com , http://haslayout.net )