Re: [cssom] simple assignment involving !important

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 06:41:53 +0200, Mats Palmgren
<mats.palmgren@bredband.net> wrote:
>> Also, "setted value" above has to be parsed per the "S* expr" grammar
>> from CSS 2.1 (or some superset of that if the browser supports more).
>> Would specifying something to that effect make sense?
>
> I think "S* expr S*" is what we want, and I do think it needs to
> be explicitly specified.

Per http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/grammar.html "expr" already takes the
trailing whitespace into account.

> BTW, I think the spec should have text to
> specify where whitespace is accepted for other methods/parameters too.
> An example of how to quote spaces to make them part of a value
> would be nice.

In general it is not accepted unless otherwise specified. For instance,
the first argument of setProperty() will not have whitespace stripped at
this point.

>> Probably indicating that including !important would lead to the
>> method call being ignored?
>
> Yes, please point out this case explicitly, for clarity.

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/csswg/cssom/Overview.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#cssstyledeclaration-setproperty
now defines this. I haven't yet defined setting .width but that will just
map to setProperty("width", setted value, null) in the end.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>