Re: Proposal: font-size: auto

From: Harry Maugans <hmaugans@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:55:50 -0400
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On 6/4/07, Zoffix Znet <zoffix@zoffix.com> wrote:

> Follow up to my previous comment...
>
> I think the algorithm should implement something like minimum font
> size/maximum font size BEFORE the browser setting kicks in. As to limit
> the range in which the "font-size: auto" would resize the fonts.

Overall I see font-size: auto as a good idea, however I do disagree with the
max/min font size on a CSS level.  That extra layer of redundancy isn't
needed and would add more complexities to debugging.  If font-size: auto
doesn't work in your situation, either modify the paddings to make it work,
or set a static size.  You can easily emulate this with a javascript/css
cocktail, checking the string length of the text, and altering it's CSS
class accordingly (to adjust font sizes).

Just my $0.02 however.

Regards,

--
-Harry Maugans