Re: "display:none" for auto-table

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:50:25 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

Dmitry Turin wrote:
>   Let's enter special form, looking as TABLE with knob and slider on right side.
> It also would be very comfortable and also economize time and torment
> (especially for un-skilled user).

This bit looks off topic.  I www-html may be appropriate, although I'm
not sure whether or not it is the official home of XFORMs.

> (if beginning of value is "http://", then browser inquire and display picture);

Definitely no. "Magic" behaviour like this is not generally a good idea.
Also, how do you provide the text alternative to the image, which would
generally be needed for accessibility.

David Woolley