Re: representation of the people

Jonathan,

There are several "users" of CSS.  Which one do you mean?  Here are
the customers of CSS as I see them:

Authors: People who create web pages, either as a hobby or
professionally (I'm in this group).
Implementors: Folks who create web browsers that parse and render CSS.
Users: Anyone who uses anything created by the other two groups.

Implementors are well-represented on the working group. Mozilla,
Opera, Apple, Microsoft, Adobe and HP and others all have
representatives on the group.  Authors are also now pretty well-
represented by AOL, Google and others who create mass-market web
applications (we weren't before, but thankfully, our numbers have
grown in the past couple years).  I would also say that users are
fairly well-represented by the Authors, especially since we create
pages used by the general public.  We push for features that will
allow us to build better products, which will hopefully mean happier
"Users".  I'm also pretty sure that this list is made of Authors for
the most part.

If you don't feel that Users are represented by the current Working
Group, then you should convince W3C member organizations (some of
whom represent governments or government bodies who should
theoretically represent "Users") who you think would represent your
idea of "Users" to join the working group and participate. I'm sure
we'd welcome them in with open arms.

Kevin Lawver - kevin.lawver@corp.aol.com - "Web Standards Guy"
AIM Social Media | W3C: AOL AC Rep, member of CSS and Web API Working
Groups

blog: http://lawver.net | presentations: http://
presentations.lawver.net | go write something: http://ficlets.com