Re: [CSS21] New Candidate Recommendation

On 7/20/07, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:

> The CSS WG published the new Candidate Recommendation (CR) for CSS
> level 2 revision 1 with the firm intention that there won't be any more
> working drafts.

At the risk of sounding cynical, strictly from a layman's point of
view who works with CSS on a daily basis, may I say that the Emperor
has no clothes? What relevance does a new Candidate Recommendation for
CSS 2.1 have 5 years after the first draft? We're all out here in the
trenches waiting for a decent implementation of the thing and hoping
against hope for progress on CSS 3, and instead of the W3C moving its
collective a** and getting on with it already, CSS 2.1 is still
inching along 5 years on? What's the point? I mean really?

Things happen really quick on the 'net... and waiting around for half
a decade for a spec is... to put it lightly... frustrating.

--
Ara Pehlivanian

Sites:
http://webdevdigest.com/