Re: CSS manipulation of font positioning relative to baseline

From: Gernot Hassenpflug <gernot@nict.go.jp>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:05:26 +0900
To: www-style@w3.org

"Paul Nelson (ATC)" <paulnel@winse.microsoft.com> writes:

> The 'vertical-align' property in CSS 2.1 will take care of your need.
>
> The CSS 2.1 'vertical-align' is found at:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#line-height
>
> Test cases: http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/tests/css2/sec10-08b.htm

Thanks Paul, text-top-align was what I wasl looking for (more options
than I remember from looking at the specs before!). CSS 3 looks like
fun, comparing Konqueror, Firefox, Opera at the moment.

Regards,
        Gernot
--
BOFH excuse #81:

Please excuse me, I have to circuit an AC line through my head to get this database working.