Re: CSS Futures

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:32:07 +0100
To: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
CC: www-style@w3.org

David Woolley wrote:

> If you are staying within W3C technologies, I would suggest that this
> would be an SVG application, as I very much doubt that the average
> author of such documents will care about accessibility.

Can you explain this further, David ?  Are you arguing that,
when a group of authors for a particular realm are unlikely
to car about accessibility, they should be pushed towards
using a language that ignores the need for accessibility [1]
rather than being pushed to realise that accessibility matters ?

Philip Taylor
--------
[1] I don't know if SVG /does/ "ignore the need for accessibility",
but that is the drift I get from David's message, whence the
reason for my question.