Re: Maintained matrix of CSS properties v. browsers/rendering engines ?

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:26:21 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

My thanks to all who have responded.  AFAICT,
Seamonkey /should/ honour an <h3> with style
"page-break-after: avoid" immediately followed
by a <p> with style "page-break-before: avoid"
but does not (the print page is broken between the
two); it's not clear to me whether the style on the
no difference, I am inclined to think that

	http://www.webdevout.net/browser_support_css.php?FX2=on&uas=CUSTOM#css2propsprint

is rather disingenuous in its analysis of Firefox 2
w.r.t. page-break-after: avoid and page-before-after: avoid
(I have checked, and Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Seamonkey
1.7 behave identically in this respect, so it's not
an artifact of Seamonkey).

If anyone would care to offer an opinion, a demo.
document is at

	http://training.rhul.ac.uk/resources/Documentation/Web-publishing/IS-622/Page-break-demo.html

and the intrusive page break takes places after the
<h3> element "HTML Evolves" at the bottom of page 2
(assuming A4 paper with standard margins).

Philip  Taylor