Re: Definition of a replaced element

On 1/3/07, Peter Sorotokin <psorotok@adobe.com> wrote:
> I think it is pretty clear from CSS spec that svg is a replaced element,
> because its content is not rendered by CSS formatter. Element's box
> itself, of course, is under the control of the formatter, but that is no
> different for an img or object elements. Perhaps, listing svg element as
> an example of a replaced element would be good.

So <object> isn't a replaced element in this example when svg is not supported?
<object data="test.svg" type="image/svg+xml"><span
style="display:block;">text</span></object>

When the content of an element isn't rendered by the CSS formatter,
then it automatically means it is a replaced element then?

> Definition of the rendered content does seem to be too narrow to me.

So that text needs to be changed then, right?

I'm trying to find a definition of what a CSS formatter is, where can
I find more information about this term?

Regards,
Martijn