Re: Color proposal

--- Pierre-Luc Auclair <p.lucauclair@heliosmulti.com> wrote:

> Yes, yet another one. I think if people
> request one no-end, W3C-CSS should
> eventually adopt something of the kind.

Perhaps it would suffice for the W3C to define or endorse a higher-level language that is intended
to be translated to CSS. It could have all kinds of macro features, nested rule sets, etc. It
wouldn't be nearly as bad for it to break backwards compatibility since web developers would be
the only ones using it.

I've seen people recommending use of such a language on several occasions on this list, but
without something already in existence (and endorsed by a big group like the W3C), I don't think
those recommendations are helping anybody very much.

I know there are already a few extensions to CSS, but the ones I've seen haven't added much. It
would still might help just for the W3C to endorse one of them.