Re: CSS3 Text - Edit suggestions

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:54:06 +0100
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Also sprach fantasai:

 > > 2.       Recommend hyphenation properties from XSL-FO be adopted to add
 > > additional hyphenation properties that were not here to fore defined.
 >
 > I'm going to remove hyphenation from this draft and leave it as an issue. As
 > I said before, this needs some big discussion and brainstorming at the F2F.

In the draft you write:

  The definition of the hyphenation feature is very much up-in-the-air
  at the moment.

However, we have a published WD that includes hyphenate properties [1]
and one implementation based on it [2]. I suggest you add a pointer to
[1] from CSS3 Text.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-css3-gcpm-20070205/#hyphenation
[2] http://www.princexml.com/alpha/2007-01-16/

-h&kon