Triangles example in BeCSS

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:14:12 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

I think the following example in section 3.3 of BeCSS is unclear:

Assuming the above file was called triangles.xml, these bindings could
be bound to elements using CSS like so:

@namespace triangles url(http://triangles.example.com/);
triangles|isoceles { binding: url(triangles.xml#isoceles); }
triangles|rightangle { binding: url(triangles.xml#rightangle); }

In particular I think some people are going to read this as meaning the
namespace URL is somehow used to locate the file containing the binding
definition. It's not clear to me why a namespace is used here, but if
you're going to use one at all something like this might be clearer:

@namespace t url(http://namespaces.example.com/);
t|isoceles { binding: url(triangles.xml#isoceles); }
t|rightangle { binding: url(triangles.xml#rightangle); }

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!