Re: float:center

From: Ambrose Li <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:18:04 -0500
To: "David Woolley" <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On 31/12/2007, David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:

> Generally those breaks, in magazines are not placed structurally, so
> putting them where you want them implies pixel perfection, and author
> chosen paper sizes (if printing).  These are things that authors should
> not assume.

I disagree with this. This can be done in ordinary word processors even
as far back as 20 years ago. Word processors are far from "pixel perfect"
in their handling of layouts.

--
cheers,
-ambrose

Yahoo and Gmail must die. Yes, I use them, but they still must die.
PS: Don't trust everything you read in Wikipedia. (Very Important)