float:center (was: Re: Alignment property proposal)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:27:26 +0100
To: "Brad Kemper" <brkemper@comcast.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:55:42 +0100, Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
> float:center would also be darn useful.

Every now and then someone suggests this and I tend to ignore those
e-mails as I've no idea how this would realistically work, but asking is
probably better so I get an understanding of what people expect this
feature to do. For instance, what would the result be of applying
float:center on the <span> element below:

Explaining with what kind of layouts float:center can help, and how it
helps, would be most useful. That might be able to take the request to the
next level.

Anne van Kesteren