Re: [css3-mediaqueries] Request for feedback on syntax

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:13:15 +0100
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:04:24 +0100, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>    - CSS backslash escapes are not allowed. The host language's escapes
>      can of course be used. Consider that if you embed Media Queries or
>      Selectors in a language that uses backslashes for its escapes. If
>      we imported CSS backslash escapes the situation would be very
>      confusing there. Also I don't see a use case.

I think we should consider realistic host languages, not theoretical ones.
Also, even in theoretical ones you'd like to able to express every
character sequence (including a CSS escape) otherwise we already have
issues in theoretical host languages. (Those who use comma's, parenthesis
or ASCII characters for syntax.)

Anne van Kesteren