RE: standard out of the box (was: IE Blog: Internet Explorer 8 and Acid2: A Milestone)

> So please, do the world a favor... break backward compatibility!!!

I listed to a Chevron representative at the W3C Plenary who stood up and said, "We have over 100,000 users using systems based on the web. Please don't break backward compatibility." It is easy to say to break backward compatibility. However, the reality is that there are a number of large organizations who, like Chevron, are not willing to (or maybe can't afford to is better said) use the browsers that are not concerned about backward compatibility.

Not quite as easy as you say.

Paul