Participating in public forums only

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:03:21 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org

I've informed the CSS working group that I am no longer
participating in member-only mailing lists or meetings.  I believe
the member-confidential nature of the group hurts the future
development of CSS by making the group:

 * fail to accept the contributions of many who would like to
   contribute to CSS and

 * get mired in debates and stalling tactics that companies
   would not be comfortable using in public.

I still intend to participate in any discussions that take place on
www-style, public-css-testsuite, and other public forums.

I support rechartering the CSS working group as a public group.

(That said, I disagree with a good bit of Andy Clarke's post at
http://www.stuffandnonsense.co.uk/malarkey/more/css_unworking_group/
although I agree with some of it.  More on that later, perhaps.)

-David