Re: [Proposal] CSS gradients

Charles A. Landemaine wrote:

> I'm not sure SVG will have such a success as web developers aren't
> very concerned about scalability, especially those who design IE-only
> web sites :(

Then why do they use VML in their IE-only pages?  (I guess most people
using VML don't realise they are doing so, because their authoring tool
doesn't expose them to the actual code.  Note that Microsoft's use of
VML is technically illegal, as they use it with a text/html media type,
which shouldn't allow namespaces.  VML is the, deprecated, predecessor
to SVG.)

Actually, it is the vector that is the most important feature,
scalability tends to drop out naturally from that.

--
David Woolley