Re: [CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders] border-radius

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:56:05 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

As a designer, I can't imagine ever wanting my curved corners to be
chopped off to a pointy juncture between top and bottom curve. I
would expect the radius to get smaller if the one specified doesn't
fit, so that a rounded-corner box remained a rounded corner box.  As
far as exploiting the effect, keeping the corners round would be a
cool way to create a cheap circle box. just specify a corner radius
of 100 inches, and then a box size of 1em x 1em. Resize the text and
get different sized circles.

If you want pointy circles, you  could use border images that did not
resize.