RE: "non-zero top border" in 8.3.1

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:

> The change I am proposing would in fact describe Firefox behavior
> exactly.

What? No it wouldn't. The current text is correct. What testcases are you
talking about? Like David said, please demonstrate your case with the many
hundreds of test cases it would take to prove your case before trying to
change the spec here.

> The way it is put now, it doesn't match any browser (since top border
> removes any effect of nested empty blocks).

So? Even if this were true, let's at least give the implementations a
chance to fix their code to match the spec before we start changing the
spec. If we keep moving the goal posts, browser vendors are going to stop
paying attention to us. Can we please leave this alone for several more
years before we start changing everything again?