Re: Why doesn't 'font-weight: 100' work yet?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Bert Bos wrote:

> There are two families: "Gladiator" and "Gladiator Sans." I designed
> them in 1991. The Gladiator family has three weights: Light, Roman and
> Bold. The Gladiator Sans family only two. Gladiator also has a
> small-caps variant.

That sounds interesting, but do www browsers support that? That is, can
you get anything more than just normal and bold (and possibly fake bold
different from bold on IE in some situations which I don't quite
understand) by using different font-weight values? Or can you get the
small-caps variant (instead of reduced-size uppercase letters) using
font-variant?

(You can probably get e.g. the Light version by using
font-family: Gladiator Light;
but that's no the intended way, is it?)