Re: [css3-multicol] float: mid-column Re: multicolumn layouts with text wrapping around cross boundary dives

Peter Moulder wrote:

> This functionality was in an early draft of the multi-column CSS3 module
> (see http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-css3-multicol-20010118/#floating).  I
> would guess that it was one of the things "left out [because they]
> proved difficult to implement"

I would suggest that another reason might be that authors are not
supposed to rely on window sizes normal font sizes or minimum font
sizes, and such layouts would be very difficult to make work under those
constraints.
--
David Woolley